The Staff and Board of Directors would like to wish our credit union family a safe and happy holiday season.
5 H0LIDAY SCAM PREVENTION TIPS:
1. Don't open emails OR text messages from unknown senders or take phone calls asking for personal information. Never give out personal information unless you have validated the offer.
2. Don't download free applications unless you know it is a trusted site. Beware of look-a-likes.
3. Make sure your computers, laptops and tablets are protected with anti-virus, anti-spyware and a firewall.
4. Remember to exit shopping sites when you are done browsing or shopping online.
5. Watch for purchase offers of fake anti-virus software. They trick you into buying and then have access to your information.
Ask our Staff for more details.
Members are receiving calls from someone claiming to be with "MasterCard" stating that their PIN is locked out and needs to be reset. The member is then prompted to enter thier 16 digit card number. THIS IS A SCAM. DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY INFORMATION AND HANG UP IMMEDIATELY. If you have questions, please contact one of our member shervice representatives.
You may see some changes to your account servicing as we transition to an upgraded computer system that brings CBCU in line with Reg D transaction limits.
Our electronic funds diclosure reads:
2. TRANSFER LIMITATIONS - For all share accounts, you may make no more than six (6) transfers and withdrawals from your account to another account of yours or to a third party in any month by means of a preauthorized, automatic or internet transfer, by telephonic order or instruction, or by check, draft, debit card or similar order. If you exceed these limitations, your account may be subject to a fee or be closed."
If your account is affected or you have questions, please contact our member service representatives to discuss transfer options. We are here to help you as we transition into compliance with this federal regualtion.
Check out our "Whats New" tab.
See our Vehicles for sale
Realtime Debit Card information
Courtesy Pay Privilege information
What is Covered Bridge Credit Union?
The Covered Bridge Credit Union is a small non-profit cooperative in south-eastern Vermont. We are affiliated with the Association of Vermont Credit Unions and the Credit Union National Association. The Covered Bridge Credit Union is owned by members who are united in a common purpose – saving money together, making loans to one another at low interest rates, and providing various services and benefits for each other.
We invite you to browse our website to find out more information on the Covered Bridge Credit Union, and discover how we can serve you. Please feel free to Contact us if there is any way we can assist you.
Who May Belong?...
Membership in the Covered Bridge Credit Union is limited to the following:
- Residents, taxpayers, or persons employed in the Vermont towns of Hartland, Reading, Weathersfield, Windsor, and West Windsor
- Relatives (by blood, marriage, or adoption) of members
- Employees of the Covered Bridge Credit Union
How to Join...
Either drop by our office (160 Main Street, Windsor, VT) and apply, or Contact us by phone, fax, postal mail, or electronic mail for information.
You will be required to sign a membership card and make a minimum deposit of $25.00. One (1) share is $5.00 and we ask that you keep a minimum of five (5) shares in your account at all times.